Israeli airstrikes killed at least 12 people in Lebanon on Wednesday, including two children, despite an ongoing ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah. The attacks primarily targeted vehicles south of Beirut and in other parts of southern Lebanon.

According to Lebanon's Health Ministry, most victims were killed in attacks on cars between the capital Beirut and the coastal city of Sidon. The state-run National News Agency reported that Israeli forces struck more than 30 locations in the country's south and at least one town in the east.
Israel's military said it had attacked Hezbollah targets in southern Lebanon. An AFP correspondent reported thick smoke from the Burj al-Shemali area in the Tyre region. In a separate attack on the town of Al-Abbasiya in the Tyre district, two more people were killed and one person was injured.
The strikes came one day before planned direct negotiations between Lebanon and Israel in Washington, brokered by the United States. These diplomatic talks are intended to represent a new round of efforts toward a lasting solution to the conflict.
The ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah took effect on April 17, but violence has continued since then. According to Chadi Abdallah, head of Lebanon's National Council for Scientific Research, more than 10,000 homes have been damaged or destroyed since the ceasefire. Specifically, 5,386 housing units were completely destroyed and 5,246 housing units were damaged.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) reported that nearly 600 people have been killed in Lebanon since the so-called ceasefire began. More than one million people remain displaced. "What we are seeing on the ground in terms of daily attacks on villages has the hallmarks of a repeatedly violated ceasefire," said Maureen Philippon, Country Director for NRC in Lebanon.
The ongoing violence raises questions about the effectiveness of the ceasefire agreement. Civilians in Lebanon have known no peace since the agreement was announced, as aid organizations report. The situation remains tense as both sides accuse each other of ceasefire violations.
The upcoming talks in Washington are seen as an important test of both sides' willingness to find a lasting solution. The international community is closely monitoring developments, as an escalation of the conflict could have far-reaching implications for the stability of the entire region.
Fast take
Israeli airstrikes killed at least 12 people in Lebanon on Wednesday, including two children, despite an ongoing ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah.
NOFRAME signal
High divergence · 5 Sources · 3 Regions
What remains open
This matters because the event itself is only part of the story. 3 media regions frame it with noticeably different priorities. Details that remain stable across those boundaries are more robust; details that appear in only one region need context.
Dossier compass
Which media spaces carry the story and how broad the source base is.
Source mix
Underlit angles
- Israeli justifications for the attacks
- Hezbollah activities as possible triggers
- Detailed casualty figures since ceasefire
Open originals
Go straight to the linked articles. NOFRAME does not replace those sources.
Why it matters
This matters because the event itself is only part of the story. 3 media regions frame it with noticeably different priorities. Details that remain stable across those boundaries are more robust; details that appear in only one region need context.
Timeline
Middle East Eye · May 13, 2026 at 05:10 PM
Over 10,000 homes destroyed or damaged since ceasefire, Lebanon says
Middle East Eye · May 13, 2026 at 05:57 PM
Two killed in Israeli attack in southern Lebanon
Channel News Asia · May 13, 2026 at 06:24 PM
Israel hammers Lebanon, killing 12 in strikes on cars
Middle East Eye · May 13, 2026 at 07:12 PM
Twelve killed in strikes on cars as Israel pounds Lebanon